Dogs & Cats & Pigs Too!
Are you interested in joining our South Austin based pet care team?
We are a well-established, and well-loved dog walking and pet sitting company based in South Austin. We're looking for great people who share our passion for pets, and for providing amazing customer service. If enjoying the outdoors with a furry friend sounds like your kind of day, keep reading!
We are hiring for the following positions. Positions can be combined for more work.
Monday - Friday (must be available a minimum of three days a week)
Hours: 10am-3pm Pay rate: $10 per 30 min walk + tips (not all clients tip but some are generous)
Walkers needed in South, Southwest & Central Austin
Please note: Walks are for one - two dogs at a time, from the same household. We do not do group walks
Pet sitting varies from one visit to as many as are needed based on how long the client is gone. The schedule is two or more times per day
Hours: 7am-9:30am & 7pm-9:30pm (must be available for both) and some middays.
Pay rate: $10 per 30 min visit + tips (not all clients tip but some are generous)
Pet Sitters needed in South, Southwest & Central Austin
OVERNIGHTS (in the client's home)
Overnight care varies from one day - two weeks although most requests are for two-three nights.
Hours: 9p-7a (10 hours min.)
Pay rate: $35 per night + tips (not all clients tip but some are generous)
Overnights needed in South, Southwest & Central Austin
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST:
- Live in or adjacent to our service area of South, Southwest or Central Austin. Most of our clients are in South & Southwest Austin.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with Advanced Pet Care, fellow team members, and clients by returning emails, phone calls, and text messages promptly.
- Be 100% reliable (fellow team members do their best to cover in cases of emergencies, but this is not a job where “calling in sick” is acceptable, as the pets in your care depend on you).
- Commit to working with us for at least 6 months. The pets will want to develop a long-term relationship with you.
- Be physically fit, and able to work and commute in all types of weather (this is a VERY active position that requires hours of energy, even on rainy, cold or humid and hot days).
- Have access to a reliable and insured vehicle, and a valid driver’s license. (a dog-friendly car as we sometimes transport pets)
- Be detail-oriented, organized, neat, clean and tidy.
- Have a newer model smart phone capable of GPS, and running our app.
- Have firm grasp of technology, and the desire to capture moments with the pets in pictures and words to send to the client.
- Be able to provide professional references.
- Easily pass a criminal/background check.
Here's what some of our current team members had to say!
Camille, pack member since Sept 2018
"Working with Advanced Pet Care as a pet sitter is great because you get to develop a lasting relationship with your clients and their pets. Tawnia is awesome since she's super organized. She's a great resource, extremely knowledgeable about pets, and just an all-around awesome person to work with"
Nola, pack member since Sept 2017
“It's pawsome to earn some extra money while getting some exercise, fresh air and taking care of adorable pets but the best thing about working for Advanced Pet Care is being part of a team. It's wonderful to always have Tawnia's support and someone to turn to for advice based on a lot of experience and knowledge.”
Hope, pack member since November 2018
“Working with Advanced Pet Care is great! Getting to spend time filling in for the owners and enjoying time with their four legged loves is rewarding, on top of the flexible schedule and getting paid to exercise. It's a win all around!”
Jessica, pack member since December 2017
Want to join our PAWSOME team?